23 replies to this topic

#1 BadBoyTazz4Ever

• Not The Normal Kind Of Nutty!

• Elite Members
  • 3376 posts
    • Time Online: 49d 2h 55m 53s

Posted 05 February 2007 - 10:59 AM

Hey!

Does anybody know of a place that you can get the retail value of a car? Or a guide as to how to calculate it?

I just want an industry guide before i go shopping for a "new" bakkie myne was on someones affermative shopping list 2 weeks ago!

Thanx...

Ps: I've tried google but it seems i still need to work on my search phrasing!

#2 Mandarb

• Super Moderators
  • 2578 posts
    • Time Online: 29d 2h 41m 24s

Posted 05 February 2007 - 11:10 AM

Go here

It gives you the book value of your car.

#3 Pinkydee

• House of the Sicilian Necktie

• Elite Members
  • 760 posts
    • :

Posted 05 February 2007 - 11:13 AM

I normally just go here : http://www.autotrader.co.za/

Then I compare prices ect ect.

Not sure if this is what you looking for though ?

#4 airborne

• Elite Members
  • 3622 posts
    • Time Online: 22h 16m 22s

Posted 05 February 2007 - 11:21 AM

I use Mandarb's link all the time .... it's about a couple of months out of date usually but still a very good starting point ....... and if you ever forget the link just go to the Stannic website and use the Car Value Estimator link ..... easy ain't it ??

#5 BadBoyTazz4Ever

• Elite Members
  • 3376 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 12:02 PM

Go here

It gives you the book value of your car.

Thanx for the link it's 100% what i was looking for!

I normally just go here : http://www.autotrader.co.za/

Then I compare prices ect ect.

Not sure if this is what you looking for though ?

i visited all the 2nd hand car shops i could find over the weekend (don't have inet at home so autotrader site was out of the question, will go and have a look at it through out the day) but for some reason there are very few 1400 champs 2001/2002 model with over 100000km on the market to be sold! But there are a lot of them with 40000km+ on!

Beggining to wonder how many of them really have 140000km+ on cause the 1400 nissan doesn't have a 100000km reading on the oddo, so it pritty easy to drive on till it's got 140000km on the clock & sell it as 40000km cause there is now way of proving the opisite, especial if it's in REALY GOOD NIC like myne was!

Edited by BadBoyTazz4Ever, 05 February 2007 - 12:04 PM.

#6 nickt

• Elite Members
  • 2525 posts
    • Time Online: 17d 21h 38m 55s

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:49 PM

Had a look at Manbarb's site and my car model is selling for about 15k more on autotrader than the site says it should retail for.. So if you are selling make sure you don't cut yourself short

#7 Razer

• Elite Members
  • 1086 posts
    • Time Online: 6d 16h 37m 11s

Posted 05 February 2007 - 04:12 PM

( at ) BadBoyTazz4Ever: Post the full details of the vehicle and I'll post the Retail and Trade values. ;)

#8 BadBoyTazz4Ever

• Elite Members
  • 3376 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 05:07 PM

Razer:

1400 Nissan Champ
2001 / 2002 model (can't remember)
111000 km on the clock
Cover for load area
Good Condition!
4 Brand new tyres
Full tank of fuel
MP3 CD Front loader!(+ 5 MP3 CD's)
Gear Lock
Imobilizer

Anything els?

nickt69:

Not selling trying to get an idee of what i can expect from the insurance company, there taking there F'N time & i can't get anykind of info out of them except that it's insured for retail value!

Edited by BadBoyTazz4Ever, 05 February 2007 - 05:08 PM.

#9 ghostridah

• snootchie bootchies

• Elite Members
  • 3392 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 10h 21m 40s

Posted 05 February 2007 - 09:04 PM

Lol. Sounds like you're hatching some arson/theft plan :)

#10 millennia

• Elite Members
  • 3487 posts
    • Time Online: 14d 5h 24m 55s

Posted 06 February 2007 - 08:05 AM

That's illegal :/

i can't get anykind of info out of them except that it's insured for retail value!

You said it was stolen already, right?

In that case, tell the insurance ppl to tell you how much the retail value is. They can't just tell you retail value, in that case i could go to a buddy, get him to draw up a quote valueing the car at 200k :/

#11 BadBoyTazz4Ever

• Elite Members
  • 3376 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 08:28 AM

Lol. Sounds like you're hatching some arson/theft plan :)

Like i said in the first post, it was on someones AFIRMATIVE SHOPPING LIST (In English: STOLLEN) 2 weeks ago!

Yea, Yea I Know, but the F#(King bakkie doesn't have a lot of space in the front so if i had to put all the CD that where on those 5 x MP3's in the front with me i would't have space to sit!

You said it was stolen already, right?

In that case, tell the insurance ppl to tell you how much the retail value is. They can't just tell you retail value, in that case i could go to a buddy, get him to draw up a quote valueing the car at 200k :/

Right, 2 weeks ago! I did but for some reason my claim papers only got to the guy Yesterday so he has not gotten any info on it at all! So i'll phone again today, to see what they can tell me now!

#12 Razer

• Elite Members
  • 1086 posts
    • Time Online: 6d 16h 37m 11s

Posted 06 February 2007 - 09:21 AM

Is it the 1400 Champ (B01) or the 1400 Std 5 Speed (408)?

1(a) 1400 Champ (B01) 2001 model

Retail: R37700
Trade: R30700

1(b) 1400 Champ (B01) 2002 model

Retail: R41600
Trade: R34100

2(a) 1400 Std 5 Speed (408) 2001 model

Retail: R36300
Trade: R29500

2(b) 1400 Std 5 Speed (408) 2002 model

Retail: R39800
Trade: R32600

I've listed the possibilities but you'll need to request a copy of the Natis documents from the finance company to check year of registration. I'm sure the insurance company will also do this. If the car was not financed, you should have these documents.
A word of warning: follow the process carefully if the car was financed and get a settlement figure from the bank. Check what the insurance company is going to pay out. Check back with the bank. Get references for all your queries. The bank will have no problem keeping the surplus of the payout and charging admin against it.

Concerning insurance, depending on who insured you will determine what the settlement figure is. Remember that a lot of insurance companies won't pay out the full amount, only the "book value". For this reason, a lot of finance companies offer insurance called "CoverPlus" which is protection against an insurance shortfall.

P.S. No, I don't work for a bank, I heard this from a friend. ;)

Edited by Razer, 06 February 2007 - 09:26 AM.

#13 BadBoyTazz4Ever

• Elite Members
  • 3376 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 10:36 AM

Thanx Razer!

It's the either the 1(a) or 1(b) option! NOt sure of the year anymore, got it somewhere!

Thanx for the warning on the Settlement fee, was wondering if the insurance company was going to request a Settlement or just pay the outstanding ballance!

Had the cover plus option but let it go as soon as the outstanding ballance went bellow the Retail value! I only have R11500 outstanding! Last Year of payment & now i have to make a loan for 5year AGAIN! F#(K, F#(K, F#(K, F#(K, F#(K, F#(K!

I don't mind the bakkie being stolen, SH!T happens but what Pisses me of is how close i was to paying it off & now i need to pay a new one off for 5 years again! :rifle: :chair: :gun_band: :ranting:

#14 naughty

• Elite Members
  • 3193 posts
    • Time Online: 17d 10h 26m 28s

Posted 06 February 2007 - 06:40 PM

sorry for the off topic - but thats only illegal if those are copies of full cd's that are commercially available here - theres no law as such covering downloading and then putting on to cd any mp3 you like - the electronics control act does not cover that - and only covers full cd's as piracy

I don't mind the bakkie being stolen, SH!T happens but what Pisses me of is how close i was to paying it off & now i need to pay a new one off for 5 years again!

well if you consider the amount you recieve minus the payout to the bank as a deposit on a new one - its exactly as if you decided to change your car as soon as its paid off - so you dont lose out so much - only negative is that you are forced into doing it earlier than you wanted - but the insurance amount is probably more than the trade in value you would have recieved to trade the vehicle in after it was paid off and had you waited another year or two before doing such a trade in

#15 BadBoyTazz4Ever

• Elite Members
  • 3376 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 08:52 AM

sorry for the off topic - but thats only illegal if those are copies of full cd's that are commercially available here - theres no law as such covering downloading and then putting on to cd any mp3 you like - the electronics control act does not cover that - and only covers full cd's as piracy

90% of the MP3's where Copied from CD's i legally OWN! SO i might get away with the Fair Use Clause! Since my Originals are in The CD Rack & Player at home & i just don't want to F#(K them up by using them in a Front loader (I don't care how expencive the front loader is it still damages a CD specially if you drive rough roads!)

well if you consider the amount you recieve minus the payout to the bank as a deposit on a new one - its exactly as if you decided to change your car as soon as its paid off - so you dont lose out so much - only negative is that you are forced into doing it earlier than you wanted - but the insurance amount is probably more than the trade in value you would have recieved to trade the vehicle in after it was paid off and had you waited another year or two before doing such a trade in

That's the thing didn't want to sell it :angry: , was waiting for it to be paid of so that i could Mod the SH!T out of it! With the mods i was planning i was looking at a 1/4 mile time of around 13-14 sec for a normaly aspirated Street Legal Car & then i've done nothing to the motor that i transplanted into it! If i spend some more on Go Faster Bits for it i could be looking at around 11-12 sec!

So that's the Crap part, now i have to wait again to Mod it & it's getting harder & harder not to use the money i've saved on other SH!T!!!

Maybe it's a sign! <_<

#16 naughty

• Elite Members
  • 3193 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:12 AM

That's the thing didn't want to sell it mad.gif , was waiting for it to be paid of so that i could Mod the SH!T out of it! With the mods i was planning i was looking at a 1/4 mile time of around 13-14 sec for a normaly aspirated Street Legal Car & then i've done nothing to the motor that i transplanted into it! If i spend some more on Go Faster Bits for it i could be looking at around 11-12 sec!

i was thinking of a similar thing with my golf mk1 - its now 7 years old - and was paid off two years ago - i was deciding to put some go faster and stop faster and drop lower bits as well as a whole load of make the interior better bits like racing seats covered in leather and electric windows and aircon etc,etc,etc - then i decided that if i want a fast car i may as well start off with a fast car - and if i want a good looking car then i may as well start off with a good looking car - thats why im now going to sell my mk1 and go for a mk5 - just deciding which one ill be able to get quicker between the gti and R32 (ie whichever has the smaller waiting list)

Edited by naughty, 07 February 2007 - 09:13 AM.

#17 BadBoyTazz4Ever

• Elite Members
  • 3376 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:43 AM

if i want a fast car i may as well start off with a fast car - and if i want a good looking car then i may as well start off with a good looking car

Also thought of that one, but the problem is Go Faster & Look better bits for already fast & good looking cars cost so much more that Go Faster & Better Looking bits for not so good looking cars!

For me it more a matter of i need 'n bakkie fairly often (hence the fact that i owned one) & it's the only halve tonner with rear wheel drive on the market & it doesn't come out in any other shape form or performance setting! So the only option is to buy one & make it the way you want it but still keep it practical, so that it still does what you want only faster & in more comfort for me!

They could have made those bakkies some of the best in the world if they just kept on developing on them & not stop at 1985 technology! I mean if they spiced up the interior a bit Slap in a 1.4 / 1.6 fuel injection motor or a 1.5 diesel & put some 14" wheels on it as stock then it would be 1 Killer Bakkie! But Ja motor company's don't care as long as it sells!

I heard that the 1400 Nissan bakkie, as we know it, will be confined to the history books as from November this year, something about it not meeting the latest building & environmental standards! They are in talks with Nissan HQ to do a redesign but they don't know if they are going to get one!

just deciding which one ill be able to get quicker between the gti and R32 (ie whichever has the smaller waiting list)

So what band will you be playing drums for in a year or so after you get you're GTI??? :)

#18 naughty

• Elite Members
  • 3193 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:50 AM

So what band will you be playing drums for in a year or so after you get you're GTI??? smile.gif

man i cant play any instrument to save my life - but those pearl drums in the advert are certainly droolworthy - and if they give me a set of those im sure i could sell those to afford a few go faster bits for the GTI

#19 airborne

• Elite Members
  • 3622 posts
    • Time Online: 22h 16m 22s

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:36 AM

Your pay-out is usually: ((Retail+Trade)/2)-(outstanding balance)

They stole 2 of my cars and each time that is how much I got out ...

#20 Andre Viljoen

• Browser

• Browsers
  • 1 posts
    • :

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

Hi,

I am looking for the trade and retail values of a 1994 Golf GTi - can anybody assit me with this?

Information below:

• Volkswage Golf GTi
  • 1994 model
  • ±343000 km on the clock
  • Power Steering
  • Leather Seats
  • Electric Mirrors
  • Good Condition!
  • 6 Shuttle CD
  • Imobilizer

If anyone can assist me I would be really greatful.

Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users