Vincent Palotti Hospital, Doctors & Staff

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kitty

• Elite Members
  • 1,980 posts
    • Time Online: 1m 2s

Posted 02 December 2005 - 02:30 PM

My mother has asked me to make this posting as she believes the following doctors, nurses and the Vincent Palotti Hospital should be recognized for the great service and professional treatment they gave my father recently during his Radium therapy.

Tuesday, 15 November my father went to see Dr Kieck (neuro-surgeon) at Vincent Palotti who treated them like they were old friends. He explained exactly what was going to happen and how they were going to do everything. Thereafter they went to see Dr Brennan and upon arriving at his office a nurse, Maureen and councilor, Alitha were already waiting for them. Dr Brenner once again explained the entire procedure to them and told my dad that he was extremely famous, because of everything he had already been through.

Some of you might recall that we had another one of our famous blackouts that day, which delayed my father's procedure a great deal. (Thanks Eskom, NOT!). During the waiting period and blackout my parents were constantly surrounded by either Alitha, Maureen or Dr Brennan keeping them up to date on the blackout and advising them that they had contacted the authorities to let them know that they had a major procedure to perform and needed their power on immediately. My parents felt as if they were the only patients in the entire hospital, because they were treated as if nobody else was important.

During the procedure my father had about 5 nurses, Maureen, Dr Kieck, Dr Brennan and the physicist with him. I am happy to say that the therapy was 100% successful and my father no longer has a growth on his lower brainstem.

Without the help of the above doctors my father would've died and I cannot express my gratitude enough. The way you treated my family was greatly appreciated and will never be forgotten.

To all the doctors, nurses and staff at Vincent Palotti hospital:
My family and I have the utmost respect and appreciation for everything you do and will forever be grateful for the superb service given during a scary and stressful time.

Once again I must also thank Captivest and Pharos for constantly being in contact with my family during the period leading up to and after the therapy. You eased many of our concerns and we as always value your efficient and impeccable service and advice.

Edit: Please bare in mind that I am not sure about the correct spelling of the doctor's surnames.

Edited by Kitty, 02 December 2005 - 05:14 PM.

#2 rra

• Forum Cousin

• Elite Members
  • 1,745 posts
    • Time Online: 3h 50m 6s

Posted 02 December 2005 - 04:39 PM

That is great to hear as hospitals are depressing at the best of times, and I hope things get better for your dad . :flowers:

#3 Peter @ Pryor Computers

• Senior Members
  • 358 posts
    • :

Posted 02 December 2005 - 07:00 PM

Thats great to hear !!!!

I was born at Vincent Pallotti so I have fond memories of the place ..ummm er yeah right .. I didn't even have a brain yet .

Edited by Peter @ Pryor Computers, 02 December 2005 - 07:00 PM.

#4 Takumi

• Been a while

• Elite Members
  • 6,815 posts
    • Time Online: 7d 15h 39m 31s

Posted 02 December 2005 - 07:09 PM

what happened to yours? got chucked out after being mistaken for after-birth? :P once again,I couldn't help myself :)

soz for off topic Kitty

#5 Peter @ Pryor Computers

• Senior Members
  • 358 posts
    • :

Posted 02 December 2005 - 07:32 PM

what happened to yours? got chucked out after being mistaken for after-birth? :P once again,I couldn't help myself :)

soz for off topic Kitty

LOL..Takumi you and me should perhaps do a stand-up comedian act .. We would make a killing .. Unfortunately it seems I'm gonna be the one setting myself up for the axe which you seem rather talented at wielding :)

soz for off topic Kitty X 2

#6 Drevil

• Elite Members
  • 1,147 posts
    • :

Posted 05 December 2005 - 06:39 PM

Mail sent

#7 Drevil

• Elite Members
  • 1,147 posts
    • :

Posted 06 December 2005 - 09:09 AM

I received a reply.

Dear Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We as a group are
committed to quality patient care and ensuring the satisfaction of each
and every one of our patients.

We have forwarded your email to Veronica de Bruyn (manager of Vincent
Pallotti Hospital) as well as to the general manager for the Coastal
region. Veronica will ensure that your note is given to all relevant
staff members. Acknowledgement of their care is always much
appreciated by our staff.

Regards

#8 Cyclops

• E-Mail Validation
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 09:15 AM

Yes, VP is a good place.
The sisters who ran Vincent Palotti for years have left a great legacy of care and professionalism.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users