Xiphan

Doom 4

47 posts in this topic

Preordered wolfenstein, registered the doom beta still waiting for the beta to start. :/

Just wait till you see the chainsaw and finishing moves...

fVApYgg.jpg

Very nice retro feel by the looks of it. Hope it fulfills on the promise as a lot of us "older toppies" grew up on the original. Which we were not allowed to play. But did anyway :)

Holy shit. Agree with Valheru. Some "Crap your pants at 1AM" moments in there.

I like how they kept the look and feel of the series, and then added some!

I KNOW RIGHT? How epic are those finishing moves? :drool:

Edited by Xiphan

I KNOW RIGHT? How epic are those finishing moves? :drool:

Mortal Kombat Inspiration. :)

Quite a bit of guts and gore. The finishing moves might get old fast if they don't have much variety, but what surprised me is the finishing move on the player when he got killed.

It seems strange having a health 'number' again after the last few years being ruled by regenerating health.

The guns seem a bit flat. Perhaps all they need is a bit more 'oomph' in the audio department to get them feeling strong. I'm pretty sure the original games were more bass-in-your-face.

Not liking the finishing moves and that. Its not in line with what I recall of Doom and it seems to focus more on guts / blood / gore than actual gameplay in the trailer. I'll wait.

Quite a bit of guts and gore. The finishing moves might get old fast if they don't have much variety,

Doom was always blood and gore, Doom 3 was drenched in it, seems they just added a bit more in here. I don't think the finishing moves are just that. There were moments in Doom 3 where your Ammo was gone, and from the game play in the 8 minute video you don't "Moer the supplies" out of everyone. So it seems those moves might help you in Melee combat where ammo is not an option.

but what surprised me is the finishing move on the player when he got killed.

I'll rip your arms off and beat you with the soggy end :D

Amidst all the rumours that Doom 4 has been cancelled and Bethesda trying desperately to allay that rumour a whole host of Doom 4 screenshots have been leaked onto the net, gathered below are 21 of these alleged Doom 4 screenshots for your viewing pleasure. ;)

attachicon.gifie7saR9MNHERV.jpg attachicon.gifihSVhKBQvoiRz.jpg attachicon.gifiJrs0ObqWxDJm.jpg attachicon.gifiKpwK2MT6ARA3.jpg

attachicon.gifikzRof4R4MbZJ.jpg attachicon.gifio6vOZqMZRqh4.jpg attachicon.gifioBU23lzDvg5x.jpg attachicon.gifiUQTFkK0fF6MG.jpg

attachicon.gifiVe18Oemd4nlw.jpg

Question is, Doom 4 seems to happen in Mars close to hell. Where does these fit in then?

Quite a bit of guts and gore. The finishing moves might get old fast if they don't have much variety,

Doom was always blood and gore, Doom 3 was drenched in it, seems they just added a bit more in here. I don't think the finishing moves are just that. There were moments in Doom 3 where your Ammo was gone, and from the game play in the 8 minute video you don't "Moer the supplies" out of everyone. So it seems those moves might help you in Melee combat where ammo is not an option.

I remember precious little about D3. The finishing moves only seem to apply once the enemy is damaged enough to stun him somehow, unless I read the flashing outlines wrong?

Amidst all the rumours that Doom 4 has been cancelled and Bethesda trying desperately to allay that rumour a whole host of Doom 4 screenshots have been leaked onto the net, gathered below are 21 of these alleged Doom 4 screenshots for your viewing pleasure. ;)

attachicon.gifie7saR9MNHERV.jpg attachicon.gifihSVhKBQvoiRz.jpg attachicon.gifiJrs0ObqWxDJm.jpg attachicon.gifiKpwK2MT6ARA3.jpg

attachicon.gifikzRof4R4MbZJ.jpg attachicon.gifio6vOZqMZRqh4.jpg attachicon.gifioBU23lzDvg5x.jpg attachicon.gifiUQTFkK0fF6MG.jpg

attachicon.gifiVe18Oemd4nlw.jpg

Question is, Doom 4 seems to happen in Mars close to hell. Where does these fit in then?

Gates. Gates explain anything. Isn't that how the original doom made it to earth?

That bunny-on-a-spike scene. Ah. memories!

Skip to the last chapter for additional single player footage (hell)

Edited by Xiphan

If you are really excited about this game I do not advise looking at its price on takealot. :crazy: 

Edited by Xiphan

If you are really excited about this game I do not advise looking at its price on takealot. :crazy: 

At that price i hope that statue can run and chase you around the house...

TapaDroiding

1 hour ago, Juju said:

page has disappeared from takealot...

Takealot had this listed for R2k:

m3WKnzA.png

So, picked up Doom of Steam a week ago for R237 on the current sale.

Son, I am not disappoint!!! . I've spend a good 8 hours playing and I'm not even 30% in, currently working my way through hell. And up to now I've missed quite a bit. Lots of secrets missed on previous levels etc.

I can't relate as to the lowest requirements for playing the game, I've got my machine upgraded recently and I'mm playing ultra mode on a Crossfire RX480 setup and they are bending Doom to their will without breaking a sweat. Game looks and feels as smooth as a 4K video. I'm pretty sure Julians R9 Fury will make fine mince of this game. Game has a good flow to it, and different to Doom 3 where imp's jump at you from every corner you here see the battle coming. Guns are great, they sound as good as they shoot and makes fair enough damage to foes for a valid battle. AI is brilliant, design is great, this is light years ahead of Doom 3 and HL2. 

It will probably be one of the best game you'll buy in a while. 

Go get it now.

Edited by Presler
1 person likes this

I managed to get the Collector's Edition after all. Amazon had it marked it down to less than $50 in August so I jumped at the chance to get it.

oS4WUPV.jpg

On 28/11/2016 at 10:49 PM, Presler said:

So, picked up Doom of Steam a week ago for R237 on the current sale.

Son, I am not disappoint!!! . I've spend a good 8 hours playing and I'm not even 30% in, currently working my way through hell. And up to now I've missed quite a bit. Lots of secrets missed on previous levels etc.

I can't relate as to the lowest requirements for playing the game, I've got my machine upgraded recently and I'mm playing ultra mode on a Crossfire RX480 setup and they are bending Doom to their will without breaking a sweat. Game looks and feels as smooth as a 4K video. I'm pretty sure Julians R9 Fury will make fine mince of this game. Game has a good flow to it, and different to Doom 3 where imp's jump at you from every corner you here see the battle coming. Guns are great, they sound as good as they shoot and makes fair enough damage to foes for a valid battle. AI is brilliant, design is great, this is light years ahead of Doom 3 and HL2. 

It will probably be one of the best game you'll buy in a while. 

Go get it now.

Yeah, the game is excellent and I definitely intend to finish it once I go on leave. What I love about this game is you are the badass and instead of the game having you cower away and make excessive use of scare tactics it encourages you to play in a frenetic manner. The sound track is excellent, the finishing moves never get old and the gore is awesome!

As for my Fury X it handles the game effortlessly at 1440p Ultra settings, especially if I use the Vulkan API. Definitely one of the best optimised games I have ever come across and easily a top contender for best FPS game of the year! :) 

This game is one of the reasons I decided to upgrade my GPU. Stopped playing on the 760 and want to restart it from scratch on the 1060, yet I still haven't gotten around to it almost 2 months later :(

Quite impressive! Spent a lot of time seeking out those little dollies - that fist bump one - AH!

I also got this recently, and it's a great amount of fun, and bloody fast. Framerate and movement wise. It's damn fast on my R9 290. I think I'm on the 4th level or so, and my framerates stay in the 110s on the ultra preset.

I obviously don't really have time to look at the counter during fire fights.

I am also going through each level looking for all the secrets, minifigs and upgrades. Something I don't bother with in most games recently.