P.A.K.

Help me Find Web Hosting

P.A.K.    28

Hi,

I'm fed up with my current web hosts because of their poor customer support. I'll be looking at new hosts for my clients.

Can you suggest any web hosting company? I'd like to work with a South-African company, even if the site will be hosted overseas.

It must be able to host ASP.net 4.0 and Joomla sites.

I'm looking for a company with excellent customer support

Any suggestions?

EDIT: I was using www.winhost.co.za

Edited by P.A.K.

Xiphan    1,326

Which hosting company were you using? Knowing that could possibly prevent people from recommending it to you.

aCe    388

What ever you do just stay away from RSAWeb. They have absolutely no clue what they're doing.

I would recommend dealing with Hetzner.

Edited by aCe

Xiphan    1,326

http://www.serv.co.za/ , but to be honest I haven't used their customer support.

EDIT: Look's like they don't do ASP.net , I have only hosted joomla sites there.

I was going to recommend them as well, my only gripe is that they can't seem to charge my Credit Card properly and I have to manually pay them each month. <_<

Slasher    159

serv.co.za

I pay manually every month, prefer it that way. Hosting 2 Joomla sites with them.

Edited by Slasher

Stinky    542

ixwebhosting.com for me... does it all in one mum!!!

P.A.K.    28

ixwebhosting.com for me... does it all in one mum!!!

Stinky, do you have .co.za domains with them? And how do you pay them?

Stinky    542

I pay via Credit card. I pay once off for 2 years at a time.

I get 3 .com domains free with my package... and 15 dedicated ip's. The rest is all unlimited.

.co.za domains you will have to handle yourself, but its not that difficult. Once you have set up on IXwebhosting, just follow their steps, they will tell you what your server details etc are.

Then you just register with .co.za for your domain, point it to the servers that IX gives you and bobs your unlce your site is live.

I have a few domains with them, and to date if I have had a problem it has been solved within 2 minutes.

I have also had a few occasions where people were trying to access my ftp's and a few other dodgy things. The team at IX stopped them in their tracks and notified me without me even being aware that there were funny stuff happening.

In the last 4 years that i have been hosting with them, there was only 2 days of downtime. The one was because they were moving premises and the other was due to a large scale ddos attack from china or somewhere.

polo91    15

Hi,

I'm fed up with my current web hosts because of their poor customer support. I'll be looking at new hosts for my clients.

Can you suggest any web hosting company? I'd like to work with a South-African company, even if the site will be hosted overseas.

It must be able to host ASP.net 4.0 and Joomla sites.

I'm looking for a company with excellent customer support

Any suggestions?

EDIT: I was using www.winhost.co.za

I wouuld suggest you to visit Thewebpole.com Here you can get cheapest web hosting service.They have Good server uptime and their hosting plan satisfy all of your needs.I hope it will be very useful to you.