Methias    2

I am looking for a good online PC store to help me with my network upgrades, PC upgrades, media servers and upgrades of media players. It seems DigitalSAOnilne has fallen off the face of the internet and LandmarkPC's sales department seems to not reply to emails.

What other stores would you recommend?

Xiphan    1,326

I bought my new graphics card from Bios Online and I was actually impressed when I received replies from the guy who runs the place within 5 minutes of placing an order or contacting him, as much as I like iKonik IT's prices it doesn't change the fact that they are probably the worst store when it comes to correspondence. I'm also surprised that you're having trouble with Landmark? The few times that I've bought from them I've received nothing but the best service and if you give Andy a call he is usually exceptionally helpful and very accommodating too.

Presler    1,552

1. Prophecy

2. Takealot

3. Zaps

/close thread.

BTW, you in Roodepoort. Take the family out for the day to the Brightwater Commons (Old Radburg Waterfront) and go see the guys from Zaps, their store sits in the back there. Nice crowd, awesome place to visit.

Valheru    71

There's also Rebeltech, who have excellent prices as well

Another vote for this one. Got all the internals for current PC from them (him).

Deezil    193

Just another vote for Prophecy and Com-X ... both have served me well

Edited by Deezil

Xiphan    1,326

Has anyone here ever used or heard of Purple Fly Trading? Their shop came up when I used PriceCheck to look for places selling the Asus Xonar Xense and they were the cheapest of the lot and most of the reviews on PriceCheck were all 5 star reviews! This place might be worth looking into...

Jarhead69    5

Hear of this one never used it:

Syberitic

Dont use Sybaritic, they are not user friendly.

They messed up one to many of our orders.

TitanIce is good.

RebelTech guys will help with pretty much anything he can. (Very Friendly and helpful)

ZAPS can help with Hardware, not so sure of networking though.

Rampage can also help with hardware related items. (Very Friendly and helpful)

+1 for prophecy and takealot

Edited by Jarhead69

Xiphan    1,326

Hear of this one never used it:

Syberitic

Dont use Sybaritic, they are not user friendly.

Agreed, I try to avoid them as much as possible. Also, at least in my experience, if whatever you purchase from them breaks it's up to you to return the item to them, and if a replacement part is required they will charge you for it and also charge you for the return shipping! They're definitely not the best when it comes to customer satisfaction.

Oj0    150

I had absolutely awesome service from Prophecy, they took a huge hit (about 30% of the sale value) to keep me happy and I'll remain loyal to them for that reason. Andy (at Landmark) and I also get along well, I support him too.

Presler    1,552

Can never go wrong with Prophecy.

I remember back in 2008 when I got my current stuff from Henk. Bought some DDR2-800 Mushkins which had some issues with my board. Henk happilly changed the Mushkins for the ExceleRam 1066 modules I'm still using. Also popped me a freebie in the box that some guys have offered me money on before.

The one thing about Prophecy, their service is/has allways been just plain awesome.

photo.jpg

Stuart    316

... DSAO ...

If that points DigitalSAOnline they seem to have closed shop since the site has been down for close for a month that i know off.

I think it's actually been a little longer than that.

vdH    128

Yup definitely Prophecy or Landmark. Had awesome service from both of them. Prophecy gave me a more expensive product than I ordered because it was out of stock plus they gave me an USB stick because they couldn't deliver the product that I wanted to and had to wait a few days extra (but the more expensive one was better, so why worry too much about it :p) and with Landmark they gave me a better motherboard for the same price because they didn't had the motherboard that I ordered anymore.

And quick delivery to both of them.

Methias    2

I used to use landmark, but since their sales department hasn't replied to an email for close to a week now I have lost faith in their ability to aid me in getting what I need.

Razer    44

Andy replied to me yesterday and today via email. I swear by Prophecy Shop and Landmark personally.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

Edited by Razer

Takumi    310

major thread revival. but ok..

what ever happened to DSAO and lloyd? I give landmark a miss after being fucked over. Its a matter of principle when someone bullshits you to never trust again. Sybaritic is errm ya ok wtf/ever. So far, wootware and rebeltech's been my goto stores.

Pyro    571

Rebeltech had good prices when I was shopping recently, with a good selection too.

Their invoicing might not be perfect (I received an quote and invoice and invoice for my colleague in the same street address to my email), but can't complain about service.

I've opted to get a few components from the 'standard' shops like Kalahari and TakeAlot. Free shipping is enough to make up for the slightly higher prices, and their service is top-notch.

Slasher    159

DSAO just went MIA - Haven't been able to reach Lloyd in a while. Sad, always got top notch service from him.

Rebeltech has good prices but their customer service was horrible the first time I tried to use them.

TakeALot and Prophecy usually get the bulk of my orders. Had a hiccup with landmark, second order went much better.

Takealot's speed of free delivery on items in stock is amazing and customer service is the best I have yet experienced in this country.

Do the odd amazon UK order when my brother comes for a visit - free delivery is always good :)

• Like 1