Xiphan

The Grand Tour

24 posts in this topic

Finally bloody hell i've been searching for release dates for this since June/July when they announced they started filming. 

I always thought they where going to run it together with the New TopGear.

Out of interest and as a side note is Amazon's streaming services region locked?

Region locked and specific as well - Amazon Prime in Germany is crap (and german only), compared to Amazon Prime US.

Much like Netflix.

44 minutes ago, Slasher said:

Region locked and specific as well - Amazon Prime in Germany is crap (and german only), compared to Amazon Prime US.

Much like Netflix.

So in short try vpn else find alternative viewing location cause i'm pretty sure Multichoice is going to jump on this one and with amazon not having a official launch in za pretty sure there will be no other easy way unless they decide to put it on ShowMax...

4 hours ago, Slasher said:

Couldn't resist. :p 

the-grand-tour.jpg

On 9/16/2016 at 4:01 PM, BadBoyTazz4Ever said:

So in short try vpn else find alternative viewing location cause i'm pretty sure Multichoice is going to jump on this one and with amazon not having a official launch in za pretty sure there will be no other easy way unless they decide to put it on ShowMax...

Unotelly works really well and is affordable.

As soon as i have my inet sorted i'll start looking into these options a bit deeper.

Thanx for the recommendation.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

From the DSTV forum it looks like it will not be shown on DSTV as of yet.

Which is really silly, as you would think that Amazon would know that Top Gear's syndication made it more popular & pirated less.

I hope it come to TV soon, as it does look like I would like to watch it.

33 minutes ago, Valheru said:

From the DSTV forum it looks like it will not be shown on DSTV as of yet.

Which is really silly, as you would think that Amazon would know that Top Gear's syndication made it more popular & pirated less.

I hope it come to TV soon, as it does look like I would like to watch it.

I imagine Amazon cares more about people signing up for Amazon prime than they do about syndication, especially if you have to purchase another Prime membership because you live in a region different to the one The Grand Tour is showing on. <_< 

Its is a pity as this will lead to more piracy of the show. Last 3 series of Top Gear I watched on TV as apposed to the previous seasons (I do still watch reruns).

Watched it last night. It's great, what you would expect from the 3. There's all sorts of jokes and puns around them leaving the BBC but all in all much better than the last effort from Top Gear.

Cool i'll look into it...

Did they at least bring something a little fresh in or is just classic James, Clarkson and Richard Top Gear?

Quite impressed by the first two episodes.

Not too fond of the test track or driver.

23 hours ago, Pyro said:

Quite impressed by the first two episodes.

Not too fond of the test track or driver.

Yeah, same feels. Need a proper track and my suggestion would be a british driver. Im pretty sure they cannot copy the whole Stig idea due to politics but a british driver would fit the program better.

Their poking at Zuma and SA was hilarious. Captain Slow during the spinning, "You may get back in the car now, Please!" :rofl:

Watched the 1st episode it was Top Gear but it also felt just a TAD forced the hole celebs falling and dying but again poking fun i think more than anything else.

Fully agree on the driver but i do think they are poking fun at the "concept". The track has potential if you drive it like a racing tack and not a poking fun track.

Episode 3 is the benchmark, it's damn brilliant. I had more laughs and appreciation for than the SA episode.

Celebrity Brain Crash needs to die. Other than that I love the show.

17 hours ago, aCe said:

Celebrity Brain Crash needs to die. Other than that I love the show.

Yea i must say it is slightly annoying but i've got a feeling season one is going to keep taking the piss out of the usual "routine" just so they don't get sued for making a show too much like Top Gear. Season 2 might see us loose a few things or them coming back in a more traditional way.