Sign in to follow this  
nuf

Mecer USB to Serial driver

Hey all

I got a Mecer USB to Serial (RS232) adapter. There are no drivers. Does anyone have drivers for it? Or even if someone could send me any USB to serial driver so I can see if I can get this working. I've had no luck so far.

Thanks

Thanks, I'll give these a shot.

Ok, the sunix one doesn't work and the other is a corrupt .zip file (I downloaded it 3 times)

:(

Please could you link it again hOOligan

I don't know why but I always get this corruption problem when attaching zip files on the forums. It doesn't matter which browser and compression utility I use either.

PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you the files directly.

Hey all

I got a Mecer USB to Serial (RS232) adapter. There are no drivers. Does anyone have drivers for it? Or even if someone could send me any USB to serial driver so I can see if I can get this working. I've had no luck so far.

Thanks

nuf, right click on My Computer, select Properties. Go to Hardware, select Device Manager. Some where there you'll be able to see what make or model the USB to Serial (RS232) adapter. Google the make or model and you should be able to find a driver somewhere for it.

Let know if you got it working

That is the whole reason why I do not buy any Mecer products. I had a Mecer USB to Infrared Dongle. The drivers that came with it didn't work. Luckily I could determine what hardware it was, Googled it and found the right software.

Which OS do you use?

I used a USB to Serial device to load software for an aircraft shower once. The end result: I had to get another Laptop with a serial port to do the software load, because it also did not wok.

Did you try to contact Mecer and ask them for the drivers?

hOOliGan: Thanx your file works. When you have unrared the file, give the extrated file a rar extention then unrar again, now you will have the installation file, run the installer. Tested and working on WNXP Pro.

Thanks.

I haven't had a chance to test the device yet.

I'll let you know

If your device looks like this http://www.sunix-gmbh.de/smio/product/usb/uts1009.htm and you are still looking for a driver - the device is based on the UTS1009 chip - a driver is available from

http://www.sidiary.org/download-drivers-33...=2&idMenu=4

Choose the Sunix UTS1009 / UTS1025 USB2Com-Adapter option

Our technical people use a similar adapter at the office. Ours isn't made by Mecer but the devices might be compatible. Worth a shot.

Hi I also have the same problem is it posible to send me the driver for the mecer USb to Serial?

Thanks!

Our technical people use a similar adapter at the office. Ours isn't made by Mecer but the devices might be compatible. Worth a shot.

I had the same problem as nuf. downloaded your zipped file and it worked. thanks.